20lines is a community dedicated to the art of the word. For this reason, we encourage, support and protect the diffusion of written thought in all languages and in all forms.
There are many different ways in which people may interact with 20lines: reading and sharing stories or parts of them, creating incipit of new stories, writing the following parts of them. By doing so, you share information with us, for instance, by creating an account, by posting Contents, or sharing stories. While doing so, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and how you can protect your privacy.
If you should have any doubts or questions on Privacy matters, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect:
We collect information in order to optimize our Services and to grant you a safe interaction with them. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us: you may provide 20lines with some information. For example, when you sign up to 20ines, we will ask for some personal information, like your name and email address. If you want to take full advantage of our features, we might also ask you to add further information, such as billing information for payments.
- Information we get from your use of our services: we may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or when you browse and interact with our banners and Contents. This information includes:
- Device information: this means device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Log information: when you use our services or browse our Contents we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your 20lines Account.
- Location information: When you use a location-enabled 20lin.es service, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to 20lines when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect 20lines and our users.
When you contact 20lines, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
20lines processes data on servers that may be located outside the Country where you live.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that we are not able to match for technical, legal or economical reasons.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. After you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of 20lines unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent: we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of 20lines when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons: we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of 20lines if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of 20lines, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We might share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect 20lines and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to 20lines employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.